Further to the article on Roy Wright’s Para smock. The officer that died of wounds received during the patrol in Amfreville was Lieutenant Tom Halliburton, son of Thomas Colledge Halliburton and Helen Hervey Halliburton, of Jedburgh, Roxburghshire. He was the Officer Commanding 10 Platoon, ‘B’ Company, 9th Parachute Battalion. Tom resides in Grave 6 of the Ranville Churchyard Cemetery, beside the official CWGC Cemetery. He was 24 years old.
- ‘A’ Company, 7th Parachute Battalion’s Heroic Defence of Benouville (and therefore Pegasus Bridge) on D-Day
- D-Day Veteran Sgt Jeff Haward MM featured in the Daily Mirror
- Lieutenant George Peters remembered on the Knutsford War Memorial.
- The Forgotten Defenders of Pegasus Bridge
- Building work to permanently alter the topography of the Merville Battery.