A couple of weeks ago I travelled out to Normandy to do some filming in the 6th Airborne Division’s area of operation. This was for a few episodes that will appear on WW2tv, a new venture of top battlefield guide, Paul Woodadge. We filmed at various locations such as Pegasus Bridge, DZ ‘N’ at Ranville, the Churchyard Cemetery, Ranville Cemetery itself, and Amfreville amongst others. Some of the locations and indeed the related actions will never have been seen on screen before. Here’s the link to Paul’s War History Online article which explains his intentions for the channel in more detail.
- The Pegasus Diaries – The Biography of Major John Howard DSO
- Jeff Haward MM – Waltzing with a German in No Man’s Land
- The Extraordinary Survival of Lieutenant Dougie Martin, 9th Parachute Battalion
- Clarification of a Famous D-Day Photograph
- Fighting with the Commandos – Short Films of Stan Scott, 3 Troop, 3 Commando.