A couple of weeks ago I travelled out to Normandy to do some filming in the 6th Airborne Division’s area of operation. This was for a few episodes that will appear on WW2tv, a new venture of top battlefield guide, Paul Woodadge. We filmed at various locations such as Pegasus Bridge, DZ ‘N’ at Ranville, the Churchyard Cemetery, Ranville Cemetery itself, and Amfreville amongst others. Some of the locations and indeed the related actions will never have been seen on screen before. Here’s the link to Paul’s War History Online article which explains his intentions for the channel in more detail.
- ‘A’ Company, 7th Parachute Battalion’s Heroic Defence of Benouville (and therefore Pegasus Bridge) on D-Day
- D-Day Veteran Sgt Jeff Haward MM featured in the Daily Mirror
- Lieutenant George Peters remembered on the Knutsford War Memorial.
- The Forgotten Defenders of Pegasus Bridge
- Building work to permanently alter the topography of the Merville Battery.