It was my privilege to meet and become a friend of Army Commando, Stan Scott. That friendship (and his extraordinary memory) eventually led us to producing ‘Fighting with the Commandos’, published by Pen and Sword. Stan’s life was dominated by all things British Army. In fact he was still training cadets into his 70s, and not just in the barrack room but in the field itself. I didn’t take any film of Stan, but fortunately the National Army Museum (a fabulous place to visit) did, and these wonderful short excerpts can be seen below.
- The Extraordinary Survival of Lieutenant Dougie Martin, 9th Parachute Battalion
- Clarification of a Famous D-Day Photograph
- Fighting with the Commandos – Short Films of Stan Scott, 3 Troop, 3 Commando.
- 3rd Parachute Brigade HQ Ceremony – Le Mesnil – 6th June 2019
- Remembering Harold ‘Johnnie’ Walker, 9th Parachute Battalion